Mr. Carl A. Britton
P.O. Box 1382
Phoenix, AZ 85001
June 8, 2020
I am seeking employment as an Accountant or Auditor.
My education, experience, and training include a Bachelor of Business Administration – Accountancy degree and over fifteen (15) years’ experience in accounting / auditing for Certified Public accounting firms and/or private employers and governmental agencies. During this time, I have worked in local and regional sized public accounting firms’ operations and have progressed through various levels of employment. And I have experience in different industries, being employed in auditing and general accounting roles. Enclosed is my resume for your review.
If my credentials and experience are suitable to your organization’s needs, I would like to meet with you. I can be reached at telephone # (901) 246-8001, or at the above address and email.
Carl A. Britton
Carl Angelo Britton
Telephone No: 901-246-8001
Extensive audit and general accounting experience that includes public accounting, governmental entities, private business entities; and non - profit entities. Managed and conducted audit engagements; Prepared full financial statements and disclosures, managed financial department, along with training professional staff. Proactive with audit techniques, accounting methods and applications, taxes, codes and regulations of affected entities.
• Extensive experience with accounting departments functions, general ledger, liabilities, net assets/equity, income statements, payroll, and federal/state/local taxes.
• Successfully coordinated external audits, completing projects on time, in compliance with U.S. generally accepted auditing standards and government auditing standards.
• Extensive experience in evaluations and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) - Accounting Standards Codification.
• Extensive experience in evaluations and application of Governmental Accounting Standards and pronouncements.
• Consistently recognized by management and peers for producing high quality work and being efficient.
• Experience in use and applications of COSO and SOX guidance, methodologies and frameworks.
• Extensive use of automated accounting systems both internal and cloud based for small, medium, and large sized business entities.
• Extensive Data Mining and Analytic experience.
• Extensive experience in paperless audit working papers and best practices audit techniques.
• Demonstrated team spirit by sharing insights, independent research, and knowledge with colleagues in need of assistance with calculations, methodology, spreadsheet automation and more.
• Devised and implemented significant cost-reductions; revenue increased and cash flow improvement measures throughout professional career by restructuring staff responsibilities; assisted in upgrading technology and/or evaluating purchasing and sales procedures, and improved reporting systems.
• Uncovered and corrected erroneously allocated assets causing understatements or overstatements.
Cashier – Part-time 2017 to Present
Walmart, Inc. Phoenix, AZ
Responsibilities and duties are to handle cash transactions with customers using cash registers; scan/input goods and collect payments; issue receipts, refunds, change or tickets; Redeem stamps and coupons; make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones; assist in resolving customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information; greet customers when entering or leaving establishments; maintain clean and tidy checkout areas; keep reports of transactions; bag packages; pleasantly deal with customers to ensure satisfaction.
Senior Auditor 2011 to 2016
U.S. Department of Defense – DCAA Phoenix, AZ
Conducted, assisted and/or supervised compliance audit engagements of large government contractors. Evaluated contractors internal control risks, prepared and presented various reports and communications to Contractors' management and DCAA’s management. Designed and modified audit programs and performed analysis and compliance testing in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations, Cost Accounting Standards, U.S. General Accepted Auditing Standards, General Accepted Government Auditing Standard and U.S. General Accepted Accounting Principles. Applied COSO and SOX guidance, methodologies and frameworks Prepared, confirmed, and analyzed financial reports. Performed compliance audits. Reconciled, analyzed, and monitored general ledger and subsidiary accounts. Developed audit findings with supporting documentation and prepared findings for presentation.
Carl Angelo Britton
Telephone # 901-246-8001
Supervised and trained assigned auditors, reviewed audit programs, reviewed audit work papers and audit reports, prepared audit budgets and set/met deadlines. Increased and identified cost savings.
Manager 2002 to 2009
Banks, Finley, White & Co. CPAs Memphis, TN
Managed and conducted financial and compliance audit engagements of medium sized local governmental business entities and small for profit private entities; health care; and small not for profit entities. Also, provided tax consulting and chief financial officer support to small not-for profit entities. Evaluated entities external and internal control risks and prepared and presented various reports and communications to entities' management. Designed and modified audit programs and performed analysis and compliance testing in accordance with U.S. General Accepted Auditing Standards, Single Audit Act, General Accepted Government Auditing Standards and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Assisted with implementation, updating, and/or transition to a computerized accounting system. Prepared, confirmed, and analyzed financial reports. Performed financial and compliance audits. Prepared full financial statements and disclosures. Developed and monitored audit strategy, audit plans, and budgets. Applied COSO and SOX guidance, methodologies and frameworks. Reconciled, researched, analyzed, and monitored general ledger and subsidiary accounts. Developed audit findings with supporting documentation and prepared findings for presentation. Supervised and trained auditors, reviewed audit programs, reviewed audit work papers and audit reports, assigned workloads and set/met deadlines. Served as acting controller and assisted chief fiscal officer of health care provider. Increased revenues of accounting firm and identified costs savings of auditees and clients.
Manager 2001 to 2002
Joe Kilpatrick, CPA Firm Atlanta, GA
Managed financial audit engagements in real estate and not-for profit organizations. Reviewed and compared the financial reporting requirements and accounting practices of consolidating organizations. Reviewed and examined records for compliance with U.S. GAAP policies and procedures and with U.S. General Accepted Auditing Standards, Single Audit Act, and General Accepted Government Auditing Standards. Evaluated and applied generally accepted accounting principles. Prepared taxes. Prepared audit reports and comments with detailed descriptions of completed audit process and results. Prepared full financial statements and disclosures. Reconciled, researched, analyzed, and monitored accounts. Performed field work, supervised assigned staff, formalized working papers, analyzed audit results, and wrote audit reports detailing results and recommendations. Prepared federal, state, and local tax returns. Developed and monitored audit strategy, audit plans, and budgets. Increased cost savings of auditees.
Bachelor of Business Administration, Accountancy
University of Memphis Memphis, TN
Currently Inactive Certified Public Accountant - State of Tennessee
• Past Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Past Local Chapter Board of Directors Member & State Council Member, Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
• Past State Council Member, Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
• Extensive experience with various accounting software such as SAP; Peachtree; ERP; Great Plains; MIP, etc.; other computer software, e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and various office equipment.