Arizona COVID-19 Resources & Updates
The ASCPA has provided several webinars relating to COVID-19 and the federal and state responses.
- PPP Round Two & Other Tax Developments with Ed Zollars
- CARES Act - the Aftermath with Ed Zollars
- Small Business Administration Webinar with Carolyn Sechler
- COVID-19 Crisis Tax Update with Ed Zollars
- COVID-19 Tax Law Changes: Current Federal Tax Developments with Ed Zollars
Find out the latest updates on tax deadline changes, legislation and learn how your fellow CPAs are dealing with the COVID-19 crisis, including setting up remote work arrangements and client communication, in the Connect online tax community.
U.S. Treasury & Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program Loans
Guidance from the Small Business Administration on Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), established in the CARES Act.
- PPP First Draw Maximum Amount Calculation
- PPP Excess Loan Amount Errors
- PPP Resubmission of Loan Forgiveness Application
- PPP First Draw Loans Overview
- PPP Second Draw Loans Overview
- Modifications to Forms 3506, 3507 and 750 CA (For PPP)
- Repeal of EIDL Advance Deduction Requirement
- PPP Frequently Asked Questions
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application for $150,000 or Less
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application
- PPP Loan Forgiveness EZ Application
- PPP Loan Forgiveness EZ Application Instructions
- Small Business Paycheck Protection Program
- Paycheck Protection Program Loans Frequently Asked Questions
- Find an Eligible Lender
- Economic Impact Payments Status
COVID-19 small business guidance and loan resources.
For information on the CARES Act and federal updates, visit the AICPA's COVID-19 Resource Center.
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, January 14, 2021
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, January 7, 2021
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, December 30, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, December 23, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, December 17, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, December 10, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, December 3, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, November 19, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, November 5, 2020
AICPA Paycheck Protection Program Resources
- AICPA PPP FTE Calculator
- AICPA PPP Loan Forgiveness Calculator
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Services Matrix
- Impact of Accepting PPP Agent Fees on Independence
- Recommendations for PPP Application Documents for Lenders
- SBA PPP Resources for CPAs
The latest news and notices from the ADOR. The department has issued General Tax Notice 20-1, which provides general guidelines for the extension of filings and payment of state income tax.
IRS information focused on helping taxpayers, businesses and those affected by COVID-19.
- Interim Final Rule - PPP Second Draw
- Interim Final Rule - Amended PPP by Economic Aid Act
- Economic Impact Payments Distributed by Debit Card
- Second Round of Economic Impact Payments
- Interim Final Rule for PPP Loans $50,000 or Less
- Extension for Temporary Exemption for Handwritten Signatures on Limited List of Forms
- Temporary Exemption for Handwritten Signatures on Limited List of Forms
- Presidential Memoranda on Deferring Payroll Tax Obligations
- Notice 2020-65
The official state response website for COVID-19 with helpful links and information for individuals and businesses. To access the statewide COVID-19 hotline, dial 2-1-1.
Resources for unemployment insurance and other state programs.
- CARES Act Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- How to Apply for Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- COVID-19 Unemployment Benefits Q&A
- U.S. Department of Labor CARES Act Pandemic Assistance Program Operating, Financial and Reporting Instructions
Business resource center with information on unemployment, financial resources, housing and more.
ASCPA COVID-19 Volunteers
Email the ASCPA if you are an ASCPA member interested in volunteering to assist small businesses and nonprofits.
Legislative & Regulatory Updates
Arizona State Legislature - Joint Legislative Budget Committee
The Arizona Legislature convened the 55th First Regular Session on January 11, 2021.
Updates relating to Arizona specifics for CARES Act and federal spending.
- JLBC and Executive Budget Comparison - FY 2022
- FY 2021 State Budget
- Finance Advisory Committee Briefing Materials - October, 2020
- COVID-19 Impact Models
- Finance Advisory Committee Briefing Materials - April, 2020
- Federal Coronavirus Response Programs
- October Budget Update
- June Budget Update
- COVID-19 Economic Indicators
- Executive Allocation of Discretionary COVID-19 Funding
- Federal COVID-19 Response Legislation Summary
- CARES Act - Program Summary UPDATED
- Unemployment Insurance Program Changes Summary
- Executive Allocation of Discretionary COVID-19 Funding Summary - UPDATED
- Executive Allocation of Discretionary COVID-19 Funding Summary
- State Treasurer Cash Flow Update
Governor Doug Ducey has issued Executive Orders to address the COVID-19 crisis including a stay-at-home order, temporary stays to evictions and outlining essential services and activities during the pandemic.
- Return Stronger Executive Order 2020-36
- Stay-at-Home Executive Order 2020-18
- Essential Services Executive Order 2020-12
- Additional Guidance on Essential Services
- Remote Online Notarization Executive Order 2020-26
Arizona State Board of Accountancy
In response to the health crisis and the closure of Prometric testing sites, the Board of Accountancy allowed for 90-day extensions for candidates who had an open Notice to Schedule and conditioned credit by June 30, 2020.
Prometric test sites are open for essential businesses effective May 1, 2020 which includes the CPA Exam.
ASCPA Preferred Provider Resources
CPACharge – While the situation with COVID-19 evolves and you work through your own business continuity plans, we understand if you’re a bit unsettled by the uncertainty of current circumstances, as well as the potential impact on your firm’s cash flow. Our member benefit partners at CPACharge understand the critical role that electronic payments will play as this situation evolves. They’re currently offering our members 6 months with no program fee, should you want to get started with a new CPACharge account. Their team is fully operational and available to support you however they can. Learn More
CAMICO – In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, CAMICO has been developing eAlerts, sample letters, and risk management advisories that are emailed to our policyholders. As these are unprecedented times, CAMICO is sharing its COVID-19 resources on our website (www.camico.com) under Coronavirus Resources (you will see it halfway down the page on the right).
Paychex – COVID-19 Resource Center