Arizona COVID-19 Resources & Updates
The ASCPA has provided several webinars relating to COVID-19 and the federal and state responses.
- CARES Act - the Aftermath with Ed Zollars
- Small Business Administration Webinar with Carolyn Sechler
- COVID-19 Crisis Tax Update with Ed Zollars
- COVID-19 Tax Law Changes: Current Federal Tax Developments with Ed Zollars
Find out the latest updates on tax deadline changes, legislation and learn how your fellow CPAs are dealing with the COVID-19 crisis, including setting up remote work arrangements and client communication, in the Connect online tax community.
U.S. Treasury Paycheck Protection Program Loans
Guidance from the Small Business Administration on Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), established in the CARES Act.
- PPP Frequently Asked Questions
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application
- PPP Loan Forgiveness EZ Application
- PPP Loan Forgiveness EZ Application Instructions
- Small Business Paycheck Protection Program
- Paycheck Protection Program Loans Frequently Asked Questions
- Find an Eligible Lender
- Economic Impact Payments Status
For information on the CARES Act and federal updates, visit the AICPA's COVID-19 Resource Center.
AICPA Town Hall Updates
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, October 8, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, October 1, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, September 24, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, September 17, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, September 3, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, August 27, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, August 20, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, August 6, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, July 23, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, July 16, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, July 9, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, July 1, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, June 25, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, June 18, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, June 11, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, June 4, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, May 28, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, May 21, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, May 14, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, May 7, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, April 30, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, April 23, 2020
- Town Hall Update - CARES Act & PPP, April 16, 2020
AICPA Paycheck Protection Program Resources
- AICPA PPP FTE Calculator
- AICPA PPP Loan Forgiveness Calculator
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Services Matrix
- Impact of Accepting PPP Agent Fees on Independence
- Recommendations for PPP Application Documents for Lenders
- SBA PPP Resources for CPAs
The latest news and notices from the ADOR. The department has issued General Tax Notice 20-1, which provides general guidelines for the extension of filings and payment of state income tax.
IRS information focused on helping taxpayers, businesses and those affected by COVID-19.
- Interim Final Rule for PPP Loans $50,000 or Less
- Temporary Exemption for Handwritten Signatures on Limited List of Forms
- Presidential Memoranda on Deferring Payroll Tax Obligations
- Notice 2020-65
COVID-19 small business guidance and loan resources.
The official state response website for COVID-19 with helpful links and information for individuals and businesses. To access the statewide COVID-19 hotline, dial 2-1-1.
Arizona Joint Legislative Budget Committee
Updates relating to Arizona specifics for CARES Act and federal spending.
- October Budget Update
- June Budget Update
- COVID-19 Economic Indicators
- Executive Allocation of Discretionary COVID-19 Funding
- Federal COVID-19 Response Legislation Summary
- CARES Act - Program Summary UPDATED
- Unemployment Insurance Program Changes Summary
- Executive Allocation of Discretionary COVID-19 Funding Summary - UPDATED
- Executive Allocation of Discretionary COVID-19 Funding Summary
Resources for unemployment insurance and other state programs.
- CARES Act Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- How to Apply for Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- COVID-19 Unemployment Benefits Q&A
- U.S. Department of Labor CARES Act Pandemic Assistance Program Operating, Financial and Reporting Instructions
Business resource center with information on unemployment, financial resources, housing and more.
ASCPA COVID-19 Volunteers
Email the ASCPA if you are an ASCPA member interested in volunteering to assist small businesses and nonprofits.
Legislative & Regulatory Updates
The Arizona Legislature adjourned the Regular Session for 2020 on May 26. Prior to the adjournment, the Senate and House of Representatives passed an $11.7 billion state budget.
In April the Legislature's Finance Advisory Committee met to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the state.
- Arizona Revenue & Budget Update
- COVID-19 Impact Models
- State Treasurer Cash Flow Update
- Finance Advisory Committee Briefing Materials
Governor Doug Ducey issued several Executive Orders to address the COVID-19 crisis including a stay-at-home order, temporary stays to evictions and outlining essential services and activities during the pandemic.
- Return Stronger Executive Order 2020-36
- Stay-at-Home Executive Order 2020-18
- Essential Services Executive Order 2020-12
- Additional Guidance on Essential Services
- Remote Online Notarization Executive Order 2020-26
Arizona State Board of Accountancy
In response to the health crisis and the closure of Prometric testing sites, the Board of Accountancy has allowed for 90-day extensions for candidates who have an open Notice to Schedule and conditioned credit by June 30, 2020.
Prometric test sites are open for essential businesses effective May 1, which includes the CPA Exam.
ASCPA Preferred Provider Resources
CPACharge – While the situation with COVID-19 evolves and you work through your own business continuity plans, we understand if you’re a bit unsettled by the uncertainty of current circumstances, as well as the potential impact on your firm’s cash flow. Our member benefit partners at CPACharge understand the critical role that electronic payments will play as this situation evolves. They’re currently offering our members 6 months with no program fee, should you want to get started with a new CPACharge account. Their team is fully operational and available to support you however they can. Learn More
CAMICO – In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, CAMICO has been developing eAlerts, sample letters, and risk management advisories that are emailed to our policyholders. As these are unprecedented times, CAMICO is sharing its COVID-19 resources on our website (www.camico.com) under Coronavirus Resources (you will see it halfway down the page on the right).
Paychex – COVID-19 Resource Center