Make business connections, meet new friends and learn a new skill – all while giving back to your profession and the community. The ASCPA offers a variety of opportunities to get involved. Fill out the form at the bottom of this page to get started. You can also reach out via email or call (602) 324-4741.
Communities of Practice
Whether you’re in accounting and assurance, tax or anywhere in between, there’s a Community of Practice coming together to share knowledge and expertise that is beneficial for everyone. Get started by finding a community below, or jump to learn about volunteer roles in each community.
Communities of Practice include: accounting & assurance; business valuation and forensic & litigation services; cannabis & hemp; construction; corporate finance; financial planning; governmental accounting; leadership & growth; not-for-profit; taxation; and technology for accounting.
Tax Legislation Committee
The committee reviews and analyzes all tax legislation introduced each legislative session with the goal of providing nonpartisan feedback to policymakers on the mechanics, feasibility and simplicity of proposed tax legislation. Members of the group advise the ASCPA’s advocacy team on tax legislation and may meet with legislators to assist them in understanding the effects of proposed legislation on CPAs, businesses and individuals. Email our advocacy team to learn more.
Get Involved With Student Engagement
The ASCPA is investing more resources into student outreach to support the CPAs of tomorrow. Based on focus groups with college students, the ASCPA has identified areas where our organization can be a resource. Here a few opportunities coming soon:
- Job Shadow Days offer students an up-close look into a day in the life of CPAs. We'll let you know when you can apply to host.
- The Student Connect Site is a Connect community where CPAs and accounting students collaborate. ASCPA members are invited to share their expertise once it launches.
- Community Service Projects connect accounting students and active CPAs in a casual setting and make a positive impact. As a member, you'll be able to sign up and give back. Get on our waitlist.
- Roundtables are on-campus events where accounting students and CPAs are brought together to discuss topics such as leadership, networking and career readiness. Get on our waitlist.
- The Road to the CPA educates students about the accounting profession, including the CPA exam and resources available to help. Get on our waitlist to be a panelist.
Contribute to ASCPA Publications
AZ CPA magazine and the ASCPA Monthly Update email newsletter are great sources of information. Learn more about contributing to our publications.
Speak at Conferences
Gain more exposure for your organization by becoming a speaker. If you are interested in speaking at Converge, the ASCPA's annual conference, or other organizations beyond the CPA community, learn more.
Serve in the Community
Many Arizona nonprofits are looking for CPAs to be a part of their board. We will inform you when we receive requests from not-for-profits and you can choose which opportunity is best for you. Notifications are posted in the Volunteer Opportunities Community on Connect. To submit a not-for-profit opportunity, email us.